With the election just around the corner it’s hard not to talk about anything other then what needs to change, or who needs to be removed from what and for why. It’s easy to overlook the great things the teachers, staff, and support networks continue to do for the children of Schiller Park despite all the difficulties they face.
We need to also continue to remind ourselves that we have award winning educators, and administrators in School District 81, and that these are the type of top level people we want to continue educating our children and grand children. The following examples are only a small handful of the accomplishments this District and its ever growing family of staff and community members have accomplished. Here are just a few:
– Mr. Narvaez recieved the Reg Weaver Human and Civil Rights Award: Mr. DJ Narvaez, beloved 5th grade teacher from Washington School, has changed the lives of countless young individuals who he has taken under his wing, not only in School District 81, but across the globe. (link)
– The District received two national awards for excellence in school communication: The National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA), recognized as the leader in school communication, selects districts annually through the NSPRA National School Communications Awards program. Schiller Park School District 81 received two merit awards in Electronic Media Communications in 2014 through the NSPRA program. Districts and schools from all over the United States, as well as Canada, submitted entries for their work in public relations and communications. Entries were judged for overall excellence, and were also compared to other entries from similar organizations. (link)
– Superintendent Kimberly Boryszewski was nominated for the superintendant of distinction award: The Illinois Association of School Administrators (IASA) West Cook Division has nominated Schiller Park School District 81 Superintendent, Dr. Kimberly Boryszewski for this year’s Superintendent of Distinction award. The West Cook membership consists of over fifty superintendents in neighboring Cook County school districts. (link)
– Principal Dr. Kristin Kopta was nominated for the 2015 Golden Apple Leadership Award: The Golden Apple Foundation recognizes active, front-line school leaders who have made an impact transforming teachers and teaching, and who provide high-quality learning opportunities for students. (link)
– Superintendant Boryszewski graduates the illinois school of advanced leadership: (link)
– School district 81 has continued to meet and exceed the states educational targets: (link)
And most recently
– Principal of Kennedy School, Melissa Kartsimas and the ABC Parent Group have been named recipients of the Distinguished Service Award by the Illinois Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (INSPRA): recipients (Link) The ABC parents group can be found here
Congratulations to everyone, and to all the countless I did not list. There is honestly not enough time in the day to list all of Schiller Park School District 81s accomplishments.
Thank you for your service to this community and its children.